The Elizabeth Burke Bryant Hero Award was announced by Brown University’s Hassenfeld Child Health Innovation Institute in the winter of 2022 to honor Elizabeth Burke Bryant’s 28-year tenure as the Executive Director of Rhode Island Kids Count, and her life-long role as a champion of child welfare in Rhode Island and across the United States.
The Hero Award will be given to an individual, or team of individuals, who exemplify Elizabeth’s values and her commitment to improving the lives of Rhode Island’s children and families. The qualifications of nominees will be reviewed by a Selection Committee, which will determine the award recipient. In your nomination, please include specific examples that speak to how the nominee and their work exemplify the following values:
- focused on child health and wellbeing, while mindful of the wellness of entire families and communities;
- collaborative and effective;
- driven by a commitment to social justice;
- committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- respectful of diverse cultures; and
- prideful in developing mentoring relationships with other colleagues